Monday, January 31, 2011

A Refreshing Breeze?

When you live in a tropical climate, you find lots of ways to stay cool in the summer. After living in Belo Horizonte over two years, we thought we had figured out all the various methods for keeping comfortable. Going commando, however, never really crossed our minds. But the older fellow at the outdoor restaurant yesterday afternoon might be onto something. I mean, it is one less layer...

So how might one know that the gentleman was not wearing underwear, you ask? Well, I really wish I couldn't answer that. As it is, unfortunately, I can. Imagine if you will:

-A man sitting in the usual knees sprawled out fashion that men seem to like to assume.

-A rip in the crotch of a pair of pants.

-One of his, um, hmmm, well, "boys" hanging out. Way out.


One can only assume no undergarments are involved.


I shudder a little just recounting the experience. I may be scarred for life. There are just some things no one should ever see. I can assure you that this qualifies.

At some point during his meal, he must have felt a little cool breeze where one usually doesn't get a draft. When we left, after I spent the rest of our lunch refusing to look up from my plate, I noticed the poor guy had moved across the table to sit with his back to the rest of the restaurant patrons. And he was now sitting with his legs crossed.

Eric thinks the guy, whether he stumbled onto the idea accidentally or not, discovered a fantastic way to stay cool and comfortable. I, for one, am going to have to disagree!

5 comments:

Laural Out Loud said...

I was going to say, couldn't the man feel a BREEZE down there? The boys are pretty senstive, after all, lol. Too funny!

Jenna Grover said...

that is hilarious and disgusting all at once!:)

Nani said...

I'be been missing your posts. Hope everything is ok!

Rod said...

You totally abandoned your readers :(

Anonymous said...

Don't stop now, you have such a beautiful record of your adventures so far!