Friday, January 28, 2011

Brasil Bound!

* I'm way behind on things around here. I have a bunch of posts started that I just haven't made time to finish and post. I want to get caught up . . . we'll see if it happens. :) Meanwhile, please forgive me that all my new posts were actually written 6 weeks ago!

Night time (and some day time) temperatures are in the single digits (F).

Snow boots are required every time I step out to get the mail.

My skin most closely resembles the color of Elmer's School Glue.

The girls and I are mildly cranky as our Vitamin D stores are quickly depleting.

My sleepwear currently consists of oh-so-sexy flannel pajama pants, a long sleeve t-shirt, and socks.

Lilian has a passport. And a Brasilian Visa.

I have a whole bunch of frequent flyer miles.

Eric needs to go down to Brasil for a couple weeks with work.

It's warm there. And sunny.

There is talk of a giant blizzard heading towards Iowa.

Eric recognizes that leaving me behind with two babies in a blizzard while he is in the tropics would be a bad idea. Very bad idea.

So tomorrow, we're going to Brasil! YAY!

We'll be in Belo Horizonte January 30-February 11 and then tack on a personal trip to Rio de Janeiro for a long weekend with friends there February 11-14. Next year, he's going to have a hard time topping Valentine's Day in Rio. :)

5 comments:

Mrs. Carioca said...

We spent the Valentine's day in Rio too, yay!

Rod said...

Well... I think you just can't stay away from Obama and will follow him to Brazil, not Eric :)

Laural Out Loud said...

I bet Gabriela's Portuguese exploded while you were there! How was your trip??

Bruno said...

Hey! Blog-readers want updates from your last Brazil-travel!

Márcio said...

Bem-vinda de volta à Beagá! : D
(Conta mais! E o que a Gabriela achou de ouvir mais gente falando português, claro)