Friday, February 29, 2008

Hmm, didn't see that one coming!

"So I have good news and bad news. The good news is we get to eat a whole apple pie, the bad news of course explains itself :("

This was part of the email I got from Eric this morning.

I did have some reservations about hosting my "American" dinner party tonight. You know, normal concerns like "what if they hate the food?" and that sort of thing. But what actually happened, well, I definitely didn't see that one coming!

Eric was in a meeting in a neighboring town for most of the day yesterday. When he returned to the office late in the afternoon, he heard the news. One of the guys we had invited over was fired earlier in the day. My first concern was for him and his family (he has three kids). After that though, I thought, "wow, well that could make for an awkward dinner party!"

Upon getting to work this morning, Eric talked with the other guy who was supposed to be coming tonight. He had called the other one last night and they decided it may be best to postpone our dinner.

So I guess it's apple pie for me for lunch today! And you know I hate that! ;)

1 comment:

Emily said...

So come on Donnellson Field Office! Supper will be served at 9:00. (A very typical Brasil supper time!)