Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Happy Valentine's Day . . . and maybe Happy Anniversary too, I haven't decided if you'll get something else yet or not by August."

Last week, these were the sweet {insert eyes rolling} words spoken to me by my dear husband when my new little toy arrived via my friendly (and now well-known) UPS man. (Yes, it was a sad Christmas and Birthday when I received nada from my hubby. Then he told me I could pick out the Digital SLR of my choice. And then I wasn't so sad anymore!!!)

I'd like you to meet our newest family member:

And so far, this thing has cost us more than Gabriela . . . so yes, it's part of the family now and will be attending family vacations, weekend trips, and more.

Hello Mr. Nikon D5000. You are a beauty! And I have great hopes for the photographs you and I will capture.

But first I have to figure out how to use you. This thing has more functions, settings, and options than a NASA spaceship.



Hopefully the 236 pages of the user's manual along with 298 pages of a camera-specific guide to SLR photography, and I'll at least be able to figure out how to take the lens cap off and take a picture.


So if you'll excuse me, I have, oh, about 534 pages to read. Better photos coming your way soon. (Hopefully before Eric opens the next credit card bill . . . He needs some reassurance about his "investment".)

3 comments:

Beth O. said...

Good luck. My Olympus is pretty spiffy (water proof to so deep, drop proof... drop kick proof) and I don't use all those features! Well, at least not intentionally.

cherie said...

I remember a Valentine's Day a couple of years ago when we were sweating bullets!

Rogério Penna said...

Gee, thats a real spaceship you have there... I wish I had one of these! But you see... DSLR´s cost one eye in the US, you can imagine in Brazil. It costs TWO eyes, and then you cant photograph anything if you are blind! :)