Monday, September 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home, All Alone

After 31 continuous days of guests, things seem awfully quiet around here today. We saw my family off at 5:15 Sunday morning at the airport in Rio and after a little more sleep, brunch with a friend, 5 1/2 hours of driving back, and returning the Fiat Doblo we rented to accommodate all six of us in one vehicle, Eric and I made it home at 8:00 last night and crashed in bed by 9:00. (My poor family wasn't so lucky - as their plane from New York to Atlanta was delayed and they didn't get back to Mom and Dad's until about 4:00 this morning!)

I managed to drag myself out of bed about 9:30 this morning and have yet to accomplish anything overly productive. I do have the option of wandering around my apartment in my underwear all morning now though if the mood strikes - I didn't realize how much I had missed that option the last 31 days!

We had an excellent long weekend in Rio de Janeiro taking in all the sights and enjoying the last few days with my parents and grandparents. I have lots of pictures to share from their two-week visit, so I will try to resume a normal blogging schedule this week and fill everyone in on all our fun.

Meanwhile, I am preparing for my English class this evening (wow, it feels a lot longer than two weeks since I've been in the classroom!) and have some vegetable soup simmering in the crock pot for supper. I think I've had enough restaurant food to last me quite a while now! Eric and I spent the drive home yesterday brainstorming all the home-cooked food we were craving. It looks like homemade noodles, mashed potatoes, meatloaf, cooked vegetables of any sort, and Mexican food are on the top of the list for suppers this week! (Ha! So much for our post visitor weight loss program.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing all the details of your family´s visit. Good luck getting back to your regular schedule. Having guests is great, but it is nice to get back to the regular routine.

Stephanie said...

Im excited to see all of your pictures!! I have really enjoyed to see them so far! It helps me plan out where Im going when I get there!!

Anonymous said...

Emily - just in case you don't read the comments on Amanda's blog, I wanted to let you know that there is NO WAY a six-year-old (for such you will ever be in MY mind) could possibly be married and living in Brazil! LOL Betsy